Monday, June 9, 2014

Nana's Place







I can never tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing when my mind is whirling with ideas.  I know it's bad for sleeping!!! I'm excited that others seem interested in the winery outing and our Intentional Kindness Day.  Both should be good for the heart, in different ways.

The newest thing on my heart stems from an old desire ~ Nana's Place.  We have seen a huge need for a location for many, many purposes.  We've received many offers to help fix a broken soul of a place, to man a hammer, shuffle a flower, whatever needs done.  First, however, we need some bricks and mortar.  To do this without taking away money from our grassroots, we need a separate fundraiser for Nana's Place.  One idea that I've seen and love is that of a "chair-ity fund raiser". Groups, families, individuals agree to create a one-of-a-kind chair to be donated and auctioned off.  I think we have an amazing auctioneer who might agree to help us on that end, and I know we gave outstanding, creative, talent.  Would you consider designing and donating a special, one-of-a-kind chair, stool, bench, etc to be auctioned?? The obvious ideas to me are the painted wooden chairs.  Then I saw chairs created from other items...the more I looked, the more unique ideas I found.  A chair made from horseshoes? 

Who's game to help Nana's a Place become a reality for our youth, ourselves, and anyone needing a place of peace, joy, and comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment