Thursday, July 24, 2014

In an instant, life as we knew it was gone...

Death.  Oh, how I struggle with death. Then I struggle with my degree of faith.  Maybe my faith is weak because I struggle so much with death?  I don't know.  I want to feel joy at death, but all I really feel is heartache.  

Today a 21 year old young man was buried.  It was a drunk driver who crossed the line and ended this life, just like that.  5 minutes prior he had been leaving his parents' home, 5 minutes later his dad hears sirens, close sirens.  Sirens that will forever ring in his mind.  All in an instant.

This time it was a drunk driver. A stupid choice.  I make stupid choices.  Not that one, but believe me, I make plenty.  All in an instant they could change the future forever.  I used to tell my kids that I never wanted that knock at the door because they weren't wearing a seatbelt.  I don't want to create a knock on the door for someone else, either, forever changing life as they know it.  

Look within your choices.  Be safe, be smart, be the reason tomorrow is another day.  No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment